On the Metaverse: Metaverse vs Reality, Enhancing Evolution, & Running Simulations to Solve Climate Change | On Life 083
A narrated An essay reflecting on how the Metaverse can either supplement or replace reality, simulation theory, evolution of humans, and the decisions each of us will have to make as the Metaverse unfolds. Brandon shares how he believes the Metaverse can help, his fears for those turning away from reality, and how he would proceed given the choice between the Metaverse and reality.
Want the essays and podcasts delivered directly to you? Subscribe: brandonstover.substack.com
- (00:00 ) - Introduction
- (01:17 ) - Beginning of essay On the Metaverse: Metaverse vs Reality
- (03:59 ) - Will the Metaverse be an escape from reality?
- (05:20 ) - How does the design of the Metaverse keep you inside the Metaverse?
- (06:14 ) - How will the Metaverse help us avoid reality?
- (07:43 ) - What is the role of suffering in human existence?
- (08:43 ) - What is the goal of the Metaverse?
- (09:19 ) - Could the Metaverse be a supplement to real life?
- (10:49 ) - How could the Metaverse help us solve problems through simulation?
- (13:20 ) - How does the Metaverse fall short?
- (15:14 ) - Are we already living in a simulation?
- (16:29 ) - How can the Metaverse accelerate human evolution?
- (18:26 ) - Will you choose the Metaverse or Reality?