S2 E14 – Rand Fishkin of Sparktoro
In this episode, Seth and Shannon talk to the founder and former-CEO of Moz and the co-founder of Sparktoro, Rand Fishkin. He is also the author of “Lost and Founder” a book about his life as a startup founder and his adventures raising money and growing a business with venture capital.
Seth: Hey, Everyone, and welcome to season two, episode fourteen of the Digital Marketing Dive Podcast. I’m Seth with Goldstein Media, and with me as always is the amazing and talented Shannon of DIAM Business Consulting.
Shannon, you ready to rock?
Today we have the co-founder of a great new digital marketing intelligence tool, Sparktoro — Rand Fishkin. He is the former founder of Moz, a SaaS SEO software company and the author of Lost and Founder: A Painfully Honest Field Guide to the Startup World. Rand is prolific on Twitter and very accessible. If you get a chance, definitely follow him on Twitter at @RandFish.
Topics & Links
- Tell us about your book Lost and Founder.
- What is Sparktoro? How is it different to the tools over at Moz?
- How are you approaching Sparktoro differently from what you did at Moz?
- What advice would you give small & mid-sized businesses entrepreneurs that you wish you had when you started at Moz?
Shannon’s Event At The End Of April. The last Friday: Piecing Together A Success Business
Shout Out (Ad)
- Breesy Masks are Silver-Nano Protected, Breathable, Lightweight, Fog-Free.
- Xchange: Most Protective. 5 layers of protection with silver-nano technology.
- Sports: Most Breathable. 2 layers of protection with silver-nano technology.
- Link: https://socl.bz/masks
Seth: Well, that was so much fun Shan.
Shannon: It was great!! Reach out to us on DMD’s social media channels and let us know what challenges you are having with digital marketing.
I want to shout out to Breesy Masks for keeping us covered in the craziness of 2021. These are by far the most comfortable masks I’ve worn. They are lightweight and moisture-wicking for a cool and comfortable experience. Check them out. The link is in the show notes!
Seth: If you’re enjoying the season, please feel free to give us a review in Apple Podcasts or the podcast directory of your choice. We appreciate all the support. If you feel so inclined check out PodChaser and give us a review there!
That’s it for this episode, but we want to hear from you. Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.