(Recorded in the fall of 2021, released in Jan 2022) Ajira and Keelia wrap up the season by sharing what they've been up to, and recommending their favorite birth/reproductive justice-related podcasts and resources.
If you want to follow along on Ajira's or Keelia's personal journeys or learn more about their offerings, you can find Ajira @ajira on IG or on their website (www.ajiradarch.com), and Keelia is @doulakeelia on IG and their website is doulakeelia.com
Ajira & Keelia's favorite podcasts (in no particular order):
- Birthright, hosted by Kimberley Seals Allers: birthrightpodcast.com
- Masculine Birth Ritual, hosted by Grover Wehman-Brown: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/masculine-birth-ritual/id1435005594
- BirthBruja, hosted by Eri Guajardo-Johnson: https://www.birthbruja.com/birth-bruja-podcast.html
- Birth Stories in Color, hosted by Laurel Gourrier and Danielle Jackson: https://www.birthstoriesincolor.com/
- Sisters in Loss, hosted by Erica McAfee: sistersinloss.com
All feature BIPOC birthworkers being amazing. Some use gendered language.
If you want more doula stories, check out Romper's Doula Diaries available on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RompersDoulaDiaries/
Instagram accounts to follow for more amaazing BIPOC birthworkers and decolonizing birthwork (in no particular order): @sumistouch @queerbirthworker @birthbruja @bipocaspiringmidwives @theblackdoula @doctor_midwife
Also check out the Irth app: "The only app where you can find prenatal, birthing, postpartum and pediatric reviews of care from other Black and brown women. The #1 “Yelp-like” platform for the pregnancy and new motherhood journey, made by and for people of color. Search doctor and hospital reviews from your community! Leave a review today to help inform and protect others!" Learn more at https://irthapp.com/ or download the app on iPhone or Android.
Special thanks again to Cameron Sharpe, Chris Alder, Tali Perelman, and Alyssa Codamon.