Simon Lancaster. How to speak like a leader: influence, inspire, educate to create change. Neuroscience of public speaking.
“Remember, everyone you are trying to win over is a human being”
~ Simon Lancaster
TUNE IN TO LEARN:
- The best way to start your speech to get your audience’ attention;
- How to use metaphors to connect with people faster and deeper, persuade them, make them believe to ultimately take the desired action;
- 5 types of metaphors that absolutely everyone understands as long as they are human - using the metaphors that one can’t relate to is a sure way to “lose” this person;
- What can help you breakthrough as a speaker, especially in the corporate world; the importance of body language and voice, which are more important than what we say;
- The importance of stories to make your message cut through the noise and sink in people’s minds;
- A leader? Want to increase people’s productivity? - tell personal stories!
- Stories - the ultimate tool to change behavior, build and break habits, change yourself and people around you;
- Why stories work (neuroscience and 3 powerful neurotransmitters) ;
- 3 must-have ingredients of a mind-changing story;
- Tools to connect to the “logical” part of people’s brain, to make what we say more believable and credible;
- The rule of 3s, rhyme, balanced sentences and other rhetorical devices to bypass a BS detector of people, to make our arguments sound true, to make people pay attention;
- Why intellectual arguments on their own don’t work - what Barack Obama learned the hard way;
- Why breathing is important in public speaking and how to use it to change your state, turn off public speaking jitters and impact your audience’ minds;
- A 6-step structure to create a powerful speech or a piece of content on any subject and start speaking like a leader.
Simon Lancaster is one of the world’s top speechwriters. He first became a speechwriter in the late 1990s, working for members of Tony Blair’s Cabinet. Today, he writes speeches for the CEOs of some of the biggest companies in the world, including Unilever, HSBC and Intercontinental Hotels Group. He is the author of the definitive guide to speechwriting ‘Speechwriting: The Expert Guide’, the award-winning ‘Winning Minds: Secrets from the Language of Leadership’, 'You Are Not Human: How Words Kill' and 'Connect!: How to Inspire, Influence and Energise Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime'. Simon is an executive fellow of Henley Business School and lectures at both Cambridge and Oxford Universities. Simon regularly speaks globally and his ‘Speak Like a Leader’ TEDx talk has been watched more than 3 million times on YouTube.
CONNECT with SIMON
Produced by Angela Shurina,
CERTIFIED PRODUCTIVITY, HEALTH, NUTRITION COACH
Change in days - not in years!