Simulation Investment and the Future of Additive Manufacturing
New technology never begins in a perfect state of readiness. There are inevitably bumps in the road that need to be traversed. In the case of additive manufacturing, this process is made even more complex by its diversity of use. It’s not for a single industry or product, but rather holds potential for many industries and a countless number of highly customizable products. The possibilities are endless and the journey to perfection may be a long one, but with so much potential, the value of additive manufacturing is clear.
Where are we now, and what are we learning? As drivers of this industry, we’ve collected an encyclopaedic level of information on what works and what doesn’t. Today, we’re talking about how Siemens are investing in the simulation process, what those investments are teaching us, and how this dedication is bringing value to our customers.
In this episode, we’re back with Aaron Frankel, the Vice President of the Additive Manufacturing Software Program at Siemens Digital Industry Software. For 23 years he’s worked with the team as an Application Engineer, a Product Manager, and he’s been involved in marketing, design engineering, and manufacturing. He’s responsible for the overall additive manufacturing business, our solution roadmap and our partner ecosystem. Today, we’re continuing our conversation about the current landscape of Additive Manufacturing.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What are some additional use cases for additive manufacturing? (1:11 )
- How does software fit into the innovation process? (9:42 )
- How is simulation helping with the high failure rate for prints? (13:45 )
- What are companies communicating to you about the solutions Siemens are able to provide? (17:59 )
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- How topology optimization is being used with additive manufacturing (3:20 )
- The future capabilities of additive manufacturing (6:23 )
- How the digital twin helped create a solution for the post process of depowdering (10:45 )
- The 3 primary areas of investment in simulation (15:00 )
- The unique value propositions that our software offers (18:10 )
Connect with Aaron Frankel:
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.