TPP 009a: 11-Year-Old Asher and Debbie on the Importance of Morning Routines
In this special kid’s POV edition, I share a short conversation with my 11-year-old child Asher about the new morning routine we began doing in January 2016.
The routine is based on author and speaker Hal Elrod’s book The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM). Because I’m always looking for ways to support Asher in developing more self-awareness, we agreed to start off the New Year trying out a new routine.
In this episode, Asher walks listeners through what the new 6-step morning routine—consisting of meditation, affirmations, visualization, exercise, reading, and journaling—looks like, and explains its impact, as well as why Asher thinks other kids would benefit.
Debbie Reber is the founder of Tilt and the host of the Tilt Parenting Podcast. 11-year-old Asher is Debbie’s child and is regularly featured on the podcast.
Things you'll learn from the episode:
- How implementing a purposeful morning routine such as the one highlighted in Hal Elrod’s book The Miracle Morning has the potential to positively impact a child’s day
- The benefits for children on beginning each day by focusing on presence, positivity, and intention
- Asher’s thoughts on whether other kids could benefit from a new morning routine like the one he’s doing
- How meaningful a change can be when a child is self-motivated by their own personal discoveries about the benefits of a new habit
- The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) by Hal Elrod
- Pat Flynn’s podcast, Smart Passive Income
- Kerbal Space Program, Asher’s favorite online game (at the moment)
- Asher and Debbie’s visualization soundtrack: Enya’s Caribbean Blue, Charles Atlas’ The Snow Before Us, and Badly Drawn Boy’s I Love NYE
Connect with Tilt Parenting
- Visit Tilt Parenting
- Take the free 7-Day Challenge
- Read a chapter of Differently Wired
- Follow Tilt on Twitter & Instagram