The Canadian Cannabis Landscape
Episode Length: 22:24
· How the Canadian cannabis market is changing
· The role of retail in the cannabis space
· Recent developments in the U.S. cannabis industry
· Insights on legalization in the U.S.
· How the U.S market is developing in comparison with the Canadian market
· The cannabis market in California
· Market projections for the Canadian and U.S. cannabis industry
· Latest company updates on MedMen
· Predictions on the top investment opportunities in the cannabis industry
Keynote Speaker: Vahan Ajamian, Managing Director of Analyst Relations, MedMen Inc.
About Keynote Speaker:
Vahan Ajamian is MedMen’s principal liaison with brokers and financial analysts covering investment opportunities in the cannabis space. Named a rising star in marijuana investment by Business Insider, he is a capital markets forerunner and expert in the cannabis sector with more than a dozen years of experience in equity research and analysis. Prior to joining MedMen, he was an analyst at Beacon Securities Limited, a full-service independent investment firm in Canada, and at TD Securities.
Hosted by: Raj Lala, President & CEO, Evolve ETFs
Prior to founding Evolve ETFs, Mr. Lala served as Head of WisdomTree Canada – a division of WisdomTree Investments Inc., one of the world’s largest ETF issuers. Prior to this, Mr. Lala was Executive Vice President and Head of Retail Markets for Fiera Capital Corporation, a prominent Canadian investment management firm with over $100 billion in assets under management. Mr. Lala co-founded and served as President and CEO of Propel Capital Corporation (which was acquired by Fiera Capital Corporation in September 2014). Propel raised approximately $1 Billion in structured products in its five years of operation. Prior to Propel, Mr. Lala worked with Jovian Capital. Mr. Lala held several roles at Jovian including President of JovFunds Inc., an asset management division of Jovian Capital. Mr. Lala holds a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from the University of Toronto.