WFH!? (JS Party #120)
With most of us working from home for the first time (or for a long time), we thought it’d be a good idea to share our experiences and opinions on how to manage it. We discuss how to optimize your location, your schedule, your communications, and the rest of you life during these stressful times.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
Rollbar – We move fast and fix things because of Rollbar. Resolve errors in minutes. Deploy with confidence. Learn more at rollbar.com/changelog.
Linode – Our cloud of choice and the home of Changelog.com. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2020. To learn more and get started head to linode.com/changelog.
Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- Suz Hinton – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
- Nick Nisi – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Kevin Ball – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
Notes and Links
- Listen to Go Time #123 on WFH
- Chris Hiller’s pro tips for devs working from home
- Jerod listens to musicforprogramming.net
- and suggests the Noizio app for macOS
- KBall goes for www.focusatwill.com
- thgaskill in the chat suggests krisp.ai
- Ever heard of brothel creepers. Brent in the chat has
- For more on comms, listen to Remember, people are humans
- Cal Newport’s work shutdown ritual
- Suz recommends 3 books:
- Check out Humu’s remote nudges
- Read Justin Searl’s Remote, but not alone
- ESNEXT CONF is fully remote
- Need help? Get Help Today