WFS # 6 Self-Care, Mental Health and Building Wealth
Self-care. It’s a buzz word you hear a lot, along with ‘treat yo self’. And it can be easily overlooked as being synonymous with facials, pedicures and lavish luxury spa days. But self-care is so much more than a one day of pampering with temporary results.
In episode 6, we talk about how self-care can take different forms. As financial self-care for example – how self-care (or lack thereof) can impact our finances, and why it’s important to not just build wealth for the future, but to also think of yourself today.
- Self-care looks like different things to different people and can take many forms – sometimes it’s lighting a candle, sometimes it’s in the form of doing the ‘hard’ things we’ve been avoiding or finishing something on our to do list.
- A key component of self-care is being in tune with yourself, how you feel, and what helps you decompress, destress
- Now more than ever we need to form regular habits of self-care and not bottle up how we feel
- Own your experience. If things are going great for you, then that’s great! If things aren’t going well and you need more support, then that’s fine too, get the support you need.
Things We Talked About:
- Finish: Give Yourself the Gift of Done by John Acuff. In the book, the author offers strategies for why we can’t seem to get things done, and how to turn it around.
- When thinking about your self-care
- Be in tune with yourself to know your stressors
- Acknowledge how you feel
- Address the root of the issue and avoid using external things to cover/temporarily mask the problem.
- Think of things that enjoy doing with your time, improve your mental, physical and emotional health and which people adds to your energy, life and well-being.
- Know when you need more than DIY help or if you are having trouble dealing with your emotions. And don’t be afraid or ashamed to ask for it.