惠特曼《自我之歌》Song of Myself·永清
Description
为你读英语美文·第495期
主播:永清,坐标:北京
朋友你好,我是永清,我在北京向你问好,欢迎收听为你读英语美文。最近我在读美国诗人沃尔特·惠特曼的作品《自我之歌》。《自我之歌》是《草叶集》的压卷之作,也是《草叶集》中最长的一首诗,全诗分52节,这首诗被誉为“关于自我觉醒,认知和民主意识的壮丽诗篇。”
今天我要为你读的是《自我之歌》的前两节,让我们一起走进惠特曼的诗意世界。
SONG OF MYSELF
《自我之歌》
作者:Walt Whiteman
第1节
I celebrate myself,
我赞美我自己,
And what I assume you shall assume,
我所讲的一切,将对你们也一样适合,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
因为属于我的每一个原子,也同样属于你。
I loafe and invite my soul,
我邀请我的灵魂同我一道闲游,
I lean and loafe at my ease.... observing a spear of summer grass.
我俯首下视,悠闲地观察一片夏天的草叶。
第2节
Houses and rooms are full of perfumes.... the shelves are crowded with perfumes,
屋宇和房间里充满了芳香,框架上也充满了芳香,
I breathe the fragrance myself, and know it and like it,
我自己呼吸到这种芳香,我知道它,我喜欢它,
The distillation would intoxicate me also, but I shall not let it.
这种芬芳的气息,要使我沉醉,但我不让自己沉醉。
The atmosphere is not a perfume.... it has no taste of the distillation.... it is odorless,
大气并不是一种芳香,它没有熏香之气,它是无嗅的物质,
It is for my mouth forever.... I am in love with it,
但它永远适宜于我的呼吸,我爱它,
I will go to the bank, by the wood and become undisguisedand naked, I am mad for it to be in contact with me.
我愿意走到林边的河岸上,去掉一切人为的虚饰,赤裸了全身,我疯狂地渴望能这样接触到我自己。
The smoke of my own breath,
我自己呼出的气息,
Echoes, ripples, and buzzed whispers .... loveroot , silkthread , crotch [krɒtʃ] and vine,
回声、水声、切切细语、爱根草、合欢树、枝杈和藤蔓,
My respiration and inspiration.... the beating of my heart.... the passing of blood and air through my lungs,
我的呼气和吸气,我的心的跳动,血液和空气在我的肺里的流动,
The sniff of green leaves and dry leaves, and of the shore and dark - colored sea - rocks, and of hay in the barn ,
嫩绿的树叶和干黄的树叶,海岸和海边的黝黑的岩石和放在仓房里面的谷草所吐的气息,
The sound of the belched words of my voice.... words loosed to the eddies of the wind,
我吐出来散布在旋风里的文字的声音,
A few light kisses.... a few embraces.... a reaching around of arms,
几次轻吻,几次拥抱,手臂的接触,