Kate Mitchell: Deliberate and programmatic design
Kate Mitchell, MEd, works at the University of Melbourne, Australia, as Learning Designer and co-founded TELedvisors, a community of practice for educational designers. In her role as Learning Designer, she is constantly exploring new ways of supporting learners and is iterating over her experiments. Most recently, she's been interested in deliberate and programmatic design for portfolios to integrate portfolios more into the course design.
Connect with Kate
- PARE sessions from ePortfolios Australia
- Eportfolio Forum 2023 shortened, peer reviewed paper 'Authentic, personalised, and programmatic: (Re)considering deliberate design for ePortfolios' and slides
- Article 'Reflecting, Refining, and Resourcing: A Framework for Building and
Supporting ePortfolios in a Post-COVID19 Landscape'
- University of Melbourne's ePortfolio guide
- AAEEBL Digital Ethics in ePortfolios Principles
- TPACK keynote by Punya Mishra and Matthew Koehler in 2018
- Information about CMALT and CMALT Boot Camp
- Reflective practice: History and frameworks (Tryskiel, 2017)
- University of Edinburgh Reflection Toolkit
- UX journey mapping resources
- Shift Elearning: Learner Experience Mapping: Personalized 'Learner-centric' experiences
- Trainingzone: How to use Journey Mapping in Learning Design
- Interaction Design Foundation: Customer Journey Maps
- Adobe: User Experience mapping
- Boagworld: Customer journey mapping: Your definitive guide
Click through to the episode notes for the transcript.
Note: Kate is not affiliated with the Mahara community. University of Melbourne uses a different portfolio platform.
Transcription support provided by kris wehipeihana
Subscribe to the monthly newsletter about Mahara and portfolios.
Production: Catalyst IT
Host: Kristina Hoeppner
Artwork: Evonne Cheung
Music: The Mahara tune by Josh Woodward