247 - Volunteering in South America with David Karamanis
David Karamanis is an Australian podiatrist who had the vision to travel to high-risk developing countries to provide podiatry service to communities that cannot easily access it. To fulfil this vision, he decided to travel and volunteer his time in South America. When I spoke with David, he was in Ecuador.
He has a website, www.thetravelingpod.com, where he uploads photos of the people and communities he is helping. You can make donations via his website if you’d like to help support his efforts. I HAVE
In this episode, we discuss the following:
- Working in a podiatry clinic was not ticking all the boxes; something was missing, and even though it was a good job, a Ted Talk made him realise his true calling.
- When his boss told him that one day if he worked hard, he could have a business just like his, and why David told him there was no way he wanted his lifestyle. He was so busy he could take holidays.
- When he realised that helping people function better was his thing, and a lot of his work in South America has been biomechanically based.
- At 50, David would rather be rich with experiences than have money and property.
- His passion for podiatry has grown since living in South America. It has opened his eyes.
- The Pizza Challenge to help orphanages and children who live on the streets because they always miss out.
“What do you do that excites you that much you forget to eat? That’s what you should be doing more of.”
I encourage you to investigate yourself and look at the ideas and deep desires you’ve always had, but you’ve pushed aside because of family and other commitments.
Just because you work as a podiatrist, you’re not just a podiatrist. Look deeper.
If you have any questions about this episode, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you looking for a Podiatry Business Coach who thinks differently and has a proven track record of helping podiatrists excel in business? If you are, please email me and let's chat to see if we're a good fit. You’ve got nothing to lose.
Unlike most business coaches, I only work with podiatrists.
Are you SUBSCRIBED to my YouTube Channel, Tyson E Franklin - Podiatry Business Coach? YouTube is where I upload all the uncut videos from my podcasts and other short business tips.
Podiatry Business Owners Club
Please visit my group, the Podiatry Business Owners Club, on Facebook to connect with like-minded podiatrists who enjoy business.