AE 1143 - Interview: English Teacher to Car Mechanic in Japan with David Rajaraman - Part 1
👉 Listen to this episode on the podcast: https://www.aussieenglish.com.au/1143
👉 Join my 5-Day FREE English Course: https://www.aussieenglish.com.au/free-course/
👉 Join the Premium Podcast here & access 1000+ episodes: https://www.aussieenglish.com.au
Welcome to another awesome chin-wagging episode here on the Aussie English podcast!
Today's guest is David Rajaraman! During our last conversation, we talked about how he went from India to Brunei, to Australia, and ultimately to Japan in just about 30 years.
In the first part of this two part series, we're going to chat to David about how he went from an English teacher to working as a car mechanic in Japan, what it's like working as a foreigner in Japan. What it's like working with Japanese people at Japanese companies and applying for jobs at Japanese companies as a foreigner. You know, life as an international citizen.
We also talk about Japanese culture as a foreigner and how to integrate into Japanese culture; like, the good versus the strange aspects of Japanese culture as a foreigner.
Also, we talk about what it's like being married to foreigners. David and I sort of share our battle stories of both of us being married to a Japanese person and a Brazilian person respectively, and sort of the nuances that go on at home with our cultural differences and linguistic differences.
Let me know what you think about this episode! Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
** Want to wear the kookaburra shirt? **
Get yours here at https://aussieenglish.com.au/shirt
If you're someone learning Australian English as a second language and you want to improve your pronunciation, reduce your foreign accent and sound more like an Australian when you speak English, check out my content at Aussie English - www.aussieenglish.com.au
And grab my Australian Pronunciation Course here - www.aussieenglish.com.au/courses
australianaccent #aussieenglish #learnenglishwithpete #australianenglish #learnenglishonline #aprenderinglêsonline #learnenglish #aussieenglishacademy #australianpodcast #languagepodcast
| SUBSCRIBE TO AE |
| FOLLOW AE |
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/theaussieenglishpodcast/
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/australia_english/
- Website - https://www.aussieenglish.com.au
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/Aussie_English
| ENGLISH COURSES |
- Australian English Pronunciation - https://aussieenglish.com.au/australian-pronunciation-course/
- Phrasal Verbs - https://aussieenglish.com.au/effortless-phrasal-verb-course/
- Spoken English - https://aussieenglish.com.au/spoken-english-course/
| AE ACADEMY |
- Join here - https://aussieenglish.com.au/academy/
| AE PODCAST |
- Free Podcast - https://aussieenglish.com.au/podcast-episodes/
- Premium Podcast - https://aussieenglish.com.au/the-premium-podcast/
*** Music from Artlist - License Number 524222 ***