An Introduction to CRI-O
Show Overview: Brian and Tyler talk with Dan Walsh (@rhatdan, Consulting Engineer at Red Hat, container team lead) and Mrunal Patel (@mrunalp, Principal Engineer at Red Hat, OCI/runc maintainer) about the evolution of containers with Kubernetes, the creation of CRI-O, and the focus on container security and stability. We also discussed emerging projects like Skopeo, Buildah, Intel Clear Containers and Grafeas.
- CRI-O Homepage
- CRI-O Blog
- Introducing CRI-O v1.0 (blog)
- Containers Project (Image, Storage)
- Project Buildah - A tool which facilitates building OCI images
- Project Skopeo - Work with remote images and registries
- Project Grafeas - An open artifact metadata API to audit and govern your software supply chain
- Intel Clear Containers
Topic 1 - Welcome to the show. Why don’t you both introduce yourselves and tell us what areas you focus on.
Topic 2 In past episodes, we’ve talked about the CRI-* concept in Kubernetes. We’ve also talked about the OCI standard for containers. So what is CRI-O?
Topic 3 What problems does CRI-O attempt to solve for the container ecosystem?
Topic 4 - How does CRI-O different from containerd and CRI-containerd?
Topic 5 - How can people get CRI-O today? What are some of the things people can expect with CRI-O beyond v1.0?