Be Iconic. Live Iconic. Go Iconic.
Show Notes & Resources
Billy Bosch turned his vision for the perfect snack into reality through starting his own company, Iconic Protein. His products are now sold in over 8,000 retail stores and he has raised over $14 million in capital. Tune in to hear valuable advice on starting and scaling a company along with tips on working with business partners.
- 0:42 - Introducing Billy Bosch
- 1:56 - Entrepreneurship at a Young Age
- 07:20 - How it all Started
- 12:48 - Starting Iconic Protein
- 17:37 - First Sales and Production
- 22:42 - Approaching Investors
- 27:38 - Recognized by Pepsi
- 29:30 - The Vision
- One of our pain points traveling around a lot for work was this nutrition on the go. And so thought it would be nice if there was a drink that filled you up without any sugar. So essentially a protein drink without sugar.
- If you're going to go into business with someone, plan for failure or at least plan for it to end because all business partnerships and all relationships end; people are going to die, businesses go under, or it just it's just the end of our time.
- If I'm going to produce something, I'll always stand behind it.
- And the failed pitches helped me a lot about how to pitch and win.
- So we really want to empower people through convenient, tasty, nutritious products to be the best version of themselves.
- There’s a huge lesson in that. And the lesson is get out and get involved in your industry, go to those trade shows, join those trade associations. That’s where the networking happens and you can learn things and meet people that can do things that you could have never dreamed possible.
- Don’t be afraid to make the leap.