Bonnitta Roy - Human Flourishing in Times of Turmoil
Bonnitta Roy is back on our show for the second time. She is so tuned into what's going on in the world, and we always have so much to talk about with her.
She is an award-winning author, philosopher, insight guide and international trainer, who’s focusing on building greater capacities for human sensemaking.
Today Bonnitta shares with us some details about her new written piece about human flourishing.
We also talk about the current social shift from global to local, what type of institutions we need right now, and how to engage in conversation about culture, race and what it means to really listen.
To get the full interview, become a Future Thinkers Member at http://www.futurethinkers.org/members
Check out and sign up for our upcoming workshops at http://www.futurethinkers.org/events
In This Episode of Future Thinkers:
- What epistemic traps are preventing human flourishing and what are the alternatives
- The examples of these traps with the COVID-19 and collective intelligence
- How complexity is escalating with the notion of progress
- Why localism and bio-regional communities feel necessary right now
- What are core self, communal, cosmopolitan and cosmic self
- Questioning the relevancy of institutions and workplaces
- The real problems with understanding and conversing with different cultures
- What is the root of growing divisions in the Western society
- How transactional relationships affect human culture
Links and Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Consumer Ed, article by Bonnitta Roy
- Binding Chaos: Mass Collaboaration on a Global Scale by Heather Marsh