EP 63. Professor Hayden Homer - How to get on the front foot of fertility with endometriosis
In today's episode Professor Hayden Homer, specialist in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, as well as a fertility sub-specialist, discusses:
- What is endometriosis?
- What are the clinical symptoms of endometriosis and why does it take so long to diagnose?
- The effects of a delayed diagnosis
- How endometriosis can effect your fertility journey.
A bit more about Professor Hayden Homer:
- He also directs Queensland’s first and only research laboratory dedicated to studying the fertility of eggs.
- Professor Homer has over 20 years’ experience in infertility and gynaecology, he is accredited by the Royal Colleges in Australia & New Zealand (FRANZCOG) and in the UK (MRCOG).
- He has the unique distinction of also holding an advanced accreditation in Fertility and Reproductive Surgery in both Australia & New Zealand (CREI) as well as the UK (CCSST).
- He has a PhD in fertility research from the UK and holds a Professorship in Reproductive Medicine at the University of Queensland, where he directs research aimed at developing innovative technologies for improving ageing egg quality.
- Professor Homer combines an extensive clinical track-record with a deep understanding of the basic biology underpinning fertility and infertility.
- He strongly believes that the best chance of pregnancy success comes from highly individualised treatment planning, to maximize success rates.
Learn more about Dr Renee White and Fill Your Cup Postpartum Doulas:
Want to be nurtured and nourished after the birth of your baby, have a peek at our doula offerings.
If you want to gobble up our famous Chocolate + Goji lactation cookies, look no further.