Episode 25: Crafting Beautiful, Ethical Jewelry with Arabel Lebrusan
Arabel Lebrusan is a pioneer in the jewelry industry.
Arabel was one of the first to introduce sustainable and fair trade practices into making her high-end masterpieces and she continues to blaze an ethical trail by continually improving the way she makes her own jewelry, including as a strong advocate for recycled gold and ‘green gold’.
At the same time, Arabel is on a quest to make her whole industry better by spreading the word about ethical jewelry and raising awareness of what we are actually buying.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
– Why ethical jewelry is important
– What is ‘material exploitation’ in the jewelry industry?
– How she first discovered ethical gold and worked to certify ‘green gold’
– What questions you need to ask when buying jewelry
– Why jewelry is all about ‘traceability’ and ‘sustainability’
– Arabel’s thoughts on fair trade
– What is ‘ethical’?
– The difficulties with pursuing an ethical niche
– Why it’s harder to ethically source gemstones than diamonds
– How the jewelry industry can be fixed
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Thanks for Listening!