Episode 35 – Ethical Clothing Manufacturing with Jessica Kelly of Thr3efold
Jessica Kelly has spent the last few years cracking a major problem in the fashion industry – how to ensure your manufacturing is done ethically, while still maintaining your viability as a business.
This is an issue that has plagued us, as well as many of our guests in the past.
Jess identified this problem on her travels to the third world, and combined these experiences with her background in fashion to develop Thr3efold Ethical Fashion Brokers.
Thr3efold fills the gap between smaller-scale fashion brands and the factories, by working directly with manufacturers to ensure better standards of work, safety and welfare for factory employees. In this show, Ross picks her brain about how they do it.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- What inspired Jessica to start Thr3efold
- How Thr3efold selects and audits its partners
- What advantages companies have found by starting to produce more ethically
- What are the major challenges facing the fashion industry
- What benefits the workers have enjoyed as a result of their involvement with Thr3efold
- And much more!
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Thanks for Listening!