This week we had the formidable Stephanie Devine on the show. Stephanie’s determination and grit is unparalleled. We explored her journey from experiencing breast cancer and not being able to find a soft, organic cotton bra with no underwine to a force to be reckoned with as she doggedly attempted to create the world’s first zero waste bra.
Yes that’s right, a zero waste bra. That means, once you’ve done with it, it can be entirely composted.
The Very Good Bra is still taking pre-orders until 16 July 2018 so get in quick!
In this episode you’ll learn:
– What inspired Stephanie to go on this challenging journey
– All the places in the world she had to turn up in person to get the job done
– All about Tencel and why it’s the only material the could be used
– How to run an ethical crowed sourcing campaign
– The strategies Stephanie used to smash her Kickstarter goal in 48 hours
– The problems Stephanie has run into
– How exactly the bra is zero waste
– What’s next in this dream for Stephanie
Links mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for Listening!
Please subscribe to our show on iTunes or Stitcher.