Grand Rounds Roundup: New Hobbies
As has become tradition, at the end of each episode of Thalamus Grand Rounds, we ask our guests if they have adopted a new hobby. During recent years as we’ve all been spending more time at home and given how dynamic and diverse the GME community is, it was no surprise that each of our guests described a different activity. In this special episode, you’ll hear what our guests-to-date have been up to during their free time since the start of the pandemic. These GME leaders have unique hobbies ranging from baking French pastry to sewing a gown for a Bridgerton-themed ball!
Hear about hobbies from:
- Carey McDonald, MBA, Residency Program Manager for the East Carolina University Department of OB/GYN
- Timothy Burns, Program Administrator for the University of Vermont Medical Center OB/GYN Residency Program
- Dawn DeSantis, Division Administrator, Graduate Medical Education, Department of Pediatrics at the University of Florida — Jacksonville
- Starla Pathak, Manager of Educational Programs, Department of Orthopedics at Tufts Medical Center in Boston
- Michelle Gonzalez, Graduate Medical Education/Internal Medicine Program Coordinator for the Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital
- Lori Rodefeld, Director of Rural GME Development and Support for the Wisconsin Collaborative for Rural GME
- Kimberley Brown, Fellowship Coordinator at the Department of Anesthesia at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston
Listen to hear how GME stakeholders are enriching their lives with physical activities, creative pursuits, and more.
Please like, share and subscribe!
Sign up here so that you don't miss any future episodes!