How We're Using NFTs to Plant Trees at The Smart Village
Find out more about the Smart Village project: futurethinkers.org/village
Participate in our very first NFT drop: futurethinkers.org/nft
We're very excited to announce that on June 1 2021 we're dropping our first Smart Village NFT!
If you are not familiar, NFTs stands for Non Fungible Tokens - it's a type of crypto token that is verifiably unique or rare, instead of being interchangeable in the way that dollars or Bitcoins are.
They are a type of crypto token that has become popular with creators for releasing limited edition art or collectibles.
But there is much more to NFTs than art (we actually think they will be revolutionary for creators of all kinds!).
NFTs can represent any other type of unique item - a ticket, an access key, membership, a recognition badge, an IOU for a service, and much more.
We will be releasing several different kinds of NFTs for the Smart Village in the near future.
By purchasing our NFTs, you are directly contributing to bringing the village into reality.
The first NFT we are dropping will be:
- a limited edition, collectible, evolving art piece and a badge to show to show off your controbution to the first smart village
- an access key to our private online learning portal, where you will be the first to get access to our village experimenmts and learnings and be able to collaborate on them before we open-source them and release them into the worl
- for every NFT sold, we will plant 1 tree or another type of plant to regenerate the land at the village and the forest around it
We've been working with the folks from Commons Stack and Longtail Financial to do token engineering and validate our token ecosystem that the NFTs will be part of. This is just the beginning!
In This Episode of Future Thinkers:
- Why we're releasing an NFT
- What are NFTs and what can they do?
- How artists, smart villages, and social good projects can use NFTs to raise funding
- Our first NFT to plant trees and do regenerative and permaculture work at the village
- How the NFTs will evolve in the future
- Ove of our first events: a psychedelic geocache adventure
- Pre-selling accommodations through NFTs
- Event and workshop tickets at the village as NFTs
- Crowdfunding future buildings at the village with NFTs
- Why we're using Polygon blockchain
- Setting up your wallet through Metamask