Outlaw Ransomware Payments?
Shawn Tuma is a nationally known "breach quarterback" or "incident response coach" who walks victimized companies through the fallout of a ransomware attack. In this episode, he discusses the following:
1. What stages do organizations and security teams experience during a ransomware attack?
2. Would making ransomware payments illegal disrupt this cybercrime business model?
3. Is the Colonial Pipeline cyberattack a watershed moment for security?
Tuma is Co-Chair of the Cybersecurity & Data Privacy Practice Group at Spencer Fane LLP.
• Trend Micro special report, "What We Know About the DarkSide Ransomware and the US Pipeline Attack": https://www.trendmicro.com/en_us/research/21/e/what-we-know-about-darkside-ransomware-and-the-us-pipeline-attac.html
• Shawn Tuma on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnetuma
• SecureWorld virtual conferences: https://www.secureworldexpo.com/events
• SecureWorld webinars, eSummits, and online training: https://www.secureworldexpo.com/resources?cat=remote-sessions
The SecureWorld Sessions podcast gives you access to people and ideas that impact your cybersecurity career and help you secure your organization.
Thank you to Trend Micro, a global leader in cloud and XDR security, for being our premier podcast partner.