Perfectionism Unpacked: When Striving For Excellence Becomes Toxic
Do you constantly strive for flawlessness in everything you do, but you find yourself feeling anxious, overwhelmed, and even paralyzed by the pressure to be perfect?
What if I told you there's a way out that you can let go of the need to be perfect and EMBRACE your imperfections?
This week, we're diving into perfectionism—examining its origins, its impact on our lives and how we can break free from its grasp
Together we'll uncover the hidden costs of perfectionism, learn how to embrace imperfection, and find the courage to live life on our own terms.
Get ready to break free from the shackles of perfectionism and enjoy and discover what it's like to be perfectly yourself
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Unlearning the patterns and behaviors during our early development that led to our perfectionist tendencies
- The sneaky ways perfectionism ties in with impostor syndrome, people pleasing and procrastination
- The intimate relationship between trauma and perfectionism
- How perfectionism manifests in people of color, marginalized communities and anyone who feels like an outsider
- The double edged effect of perfectionism in our daily lives
- The difference between striving for excellence and achieving perfection
- Disentangling our self-worth from being faultless and "good enough"
- Actionable and simple strategies you can implement immediately to regulate your nervous system the next time you feel your perfectionism start to spiral
Connect with me:
if you're ready to break free from the trap of perfectionism and start living a more joyful, fulfilling life, I'm here to help.
Together, we'll work to identify the root causes of your perfectionism, develop new habits and strategies to manage perfectionist tendencies, and cultivate a sense of self-compassion that will allow you to thrive no matter what.
Don't let perfectionism hold you back any longer
Contact me today to schedule a consultation and take the next step towards healing your past and living your best life
Loved this episode? Leave us a review and rating here