Practical Tips for Progress
If we are very honest about our schedules, we will discover opportunities to become more intentional about the way we live, how we think and who we become.
Create a Master List (downloadable online) with two columns: One personal and one professional. Remove from your mind, all obstacles and inhibitions. Then write out who you wish to become and what goals you want to accomplish. Perform this task by forming three separate categories in your list making:
- Personal Development
- Professional Development
- Material Goals or Gain
Then think carefully and prioritize the items in each list beginning with the one that will take you the farthest, the fastest. Then begin each week with the top 3-5 on each list and think about how to break them down and schedule time to accomplish them. Just writing them down and reviewing them consistently increases your odds of accomplishing them by 1000%!
*Remember, you spend 8 hours sleeping and 8 hours working. This leaves you with 8 hours to work on your development and growth goals
1. If you drive a meager 12,000 miles per year and you exchange what you currently listen to in the car with educational material, in 3 years it is equivalent to 2 years of college.
2. If you spend only 20 minutes per day reading topics of interest, it equates to 20, 200-page books per year. Choosing to work on yourself instead of watching TV or spending time on social media is only one of many ways you can create drastic change.
Excerpts and insights* from Chapter 1 of "Your Journey to Greatness Through Routine: A Guide to Creating a Success Routine"
- 7 Actual Case Studies
- The Brain Science Behind Habits
- Retraining Your Brain Through Cognitive Restructuring
- Heart Science, Energy and the Law of Attraction
- Powerful Principles of Influence and Greatness
- Tips and Tools to Build Your Success Routine
*Certain portions have been added to actual book excerpts by the author.
LEARN MORE AND PURCHASE THE BOOK at http://michellesteffes.com/book
Support the show (https://squareup.com/store/ipv-consulting)