S02E21 The Creating Meaning At Work Episode
- What do you think the purpose of life is?
- Failing reference models
- Shift from the meaning of crisis to the crisis of meaning
- What's the meaning of work?
- Reference models on how to live together (the Greek pantheon, organized religion, science, governments)
- Does work give us meaning?
- When we get the message that meaning at work is overrated
- Effort in making community
- In the past, work didn't need meaning because we got meaning elsewhere
- Are organizations built to provide meaning to employees?
- Cultural aspect of meaning making
- People resigning because looking for meaning
- Domains that provide meaning and purpose - autonomy and relatedness
- People turning toward personal purpose because not finding it at work
- Personal development focused on autonomous
- Deriving meaning from volunteer work
- Volunteering because it's heart-felt or because it's duty (someone told me to)
- When your work touches your heart, do you need to volunteer to find meaning?
- Universal income - will people still work?
- If we don't want people to leave their work, people need to feel connected to their work and connected to the people they work with
- Who's responsible for the meaning?
- Meaning is so personal
- Individual why supporting the team shy
- Companies giving time and space for employees for meaning-making
- People want something more than just salary
- Social, financial, and ecological aspects of meaning - measuring each
- How are companies measuring social and ecological impact dimensions?
- Is it a company's responsibility to provide meaning?
- Peace when you find meaning
- The journey to create meaning is part of the process
- Meaning as an evolutionary process
- Healing Circles Global
- Landmark Education
- Find Your Why by Simon Sinek
- Beyond Zero documentary
More yummy content on leaderlearner.fm
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store