Study Abroad Influence In France With Tiffany Ferguson (ACTION!)
“To be in a country where you don’t speak fluently and you struggle to express yourself [. . . ], it made me so sympathetic, empathetic for people who are in countries where they’re not a native speaker but they’re trying, because I never really knew how difficult it is to represent yourself in a natural way.” — Tiffany Ferguson (@tferg__)
Tiffany Ferguson is hustling. She's got a wildly successful Instagram page (linked☝️),Youtube channel (linked👇), and Twitter account (linked right here) 👈
Tiffany hasn't graduated yet, but it seems like she has. She is a great example of blending your interests with your major, and how to have fun while you're doing it. If you want to graduate and have more than a piece of paper to show for it you should listen to this interview.
I transferred (twice) and so did Tiffany. She addresses the moving pains in her interview, but is happy she made the switch.
Oh, I almost forgot...she studied abroad in France 🇫🇷, which is where her "mandatory baguette" picture above is from.
- Deciding to study in France through ISEP ✈ [1:30]
- Immersing in French Studies with the SUFLE program 📝 [7:19]
- Sightseeing in and around France via Flixbus 🚌 [11:29]
- Living out of a backpack while traveling 🎒[14:56]
- Eating vegan in a culinary capital 🍞 [18:44]
- Gaining respect for non-native speakers living in different countries 🙌 [20:43]
- The troubles of transferring schools while studying abroad 😧 [22:47]
- Future studies and the impact of studying abroad on her Youtube channel (166K subscribers and climbing) 💲[25:35]
- Media recommendations and final quote 📖 [29:15]
- The Sky is Everywhere and I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson 📚
- The Purple Palace 📺
- Previously Gifted (Tiffany's Podcast) 🎙🎙🎙(Hooray for podcasts!)
Send in a voice message: