Jon and Justin talk about "optionality" in bootstrapping. (Justin is concerned, Jon thinks we should just enjoy the moment).
DHH: "Part of what gave us the confidence to turn down the whole world of venture capital was a small sale of equity to Jeff Bezos. That gave our personal bank accounts just enough ballast that the big numbers touted by VCs and acquisition hunters lost their lure."
- Are we at peak podcasting? Things are good right now - will they be good for 10 years? 20 years?
- Fred Wilson: "Taking money off the table."
- How much did the founders of Buffer, Robinhood, etc. take off the table? Article.
- Des Traynor: "A founder is spending 60 months of their best years in their startup (instead of their career). That is a substantial upfront investment; it's like a seed round, but instead of money, it's your life."
- How much richer than us is Jeff Bezos?
Want to reply to something we said?
- Twitter: @buildyoursaas, @mijustin, @jonbuda
Leave a comment on PodHunt; it's like Reddit, but for podcasts.
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to our monthly supporters:
- Helmut Irle
- Colt Borg
- Marc Beinder
- Anton Zorin
- Bill Condo
- Sofia Quintero
- Chris Willow
- Mason Hensley
- Borja Soler teami.io
- Ward from MemberSpace.com
- Travis Fischer
- Matt Buckley, from NiceThings.io
- Russell Brown
- Evandro Sasse
- Noah Prail, eventOneHQ.com
- Robert Simplicio, Simplicio.com
- Colin Gray alitu.com
- Josh Smith, hellosift.com
Brian Rhea (Pronounced “Ray”)
- Shane Smith, dev.transistor.fm
- Austin Loveless
- Michael Sitver, letterjoy.co
- Paul Jarvis and Jack Ellis, usefathom.com
- Dan Buda danbuda.com
- Darby Frey
- Samori Augusto, thebicrowd.com
- Brad from Canada
- Mike Walker
- Adam DuVander
- Dave Giunta (JOOnta)
- Kyle Fox GetRewardful.com
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store