Throwing computers off a tall building
Jon and Justin talk about:
- A stressful Rails 6 upgrade (and how it broke the app).
- We often use data to make decisions, but we don't often examine the underlying data we're using to make decisions.
- How do we know if our marketing efforts are effective?
- "What's happened to your data since last quarter?"
- "If a billion people are listening, but not reacting, does it matter?"
★ Thanks to our sponsors:
Postmark. Postmark delivers your transactional email to customers on time, every time. You'll love their lightning-fast email delivery and developer-friendly features. Get one month free when you use coupon code BUILDYOURSAAS. postmarkapp.com/loves/buildyoursaas
Clubhouse. Guess who's back? Clubhouse is the first project management platform for software development that brings everyone together. It's designed for developers, but product folks, marketing, support folks love using it. Now it's free for teams up to 10 people. clubhouse.io/build.
- Justin's tweetstorm about using data.
Libsyn's quarterly financial results.
- Facebook inflated video views
- Daniel Ek (Spotify) interview
You can reply to this podcast here:
Leave a comment on PodHunt; it's like Reddit, but for podcasts.
Leave a comment on Breaker, the podcast app for iPhone.
Interact on WhatPods.
- Otherwise, get us on Twitter: @transistorfm or email us: email@example.com
Thanks to our monthly supporters:
- Eric Lima
- James Sowers with UserInput.io
- Travis Fischer
- Matt Buckley, from Nice Things
- Russell Brown
- Evandro Sasse
- Pradyumna Shembekar (PD)
- Noah Prail
- David Colgan
- Robert Simplicio
- Colin Gray alitu.com
- Josh Smith
- Ivan Curkovic
Brian Rhea (Pronounced “Ray”)
- Shane Smith
- Austin Loveless
- Simon Bennett
- Michael Sitver
- Paul Jarvis and Jack Ellis
- Dan Buda danbuda.com
- Darby Frey
- Samori Augusto
- Dave Young
- Brad from Canada
- Sammy Schuckert
- Dan Ericson
- Mike Walker
- Adam DuVander
- Dave Giunta (JOOnta)
- Kyle Fox GetRewardful.com
Postmark – use coupon code BUILDYOURSAAS to get a free month of sending
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store