Valyuu CEO Ferhat Topuz on building a multi-sided platform in the circular economy and taking investor calls on a train station floor
Ferhat is the CEO and Co-founder of Valyuu, the circular economy marketplace to sell and buy pre-owned goods, like smartphones and macbooks. With first hand experience from T-mobile and a first venture in b2b refurbishment, he started the company in January 2021.
Valyuu joined Techstars and in March 22 they raised a first investment with ten prominent angel investors. Valyuu has been growing rapidly, so Ferhat is currently raising to support the next stage.
In this episode, we'll cover the following topics:
- Building a multi sided platform in the circular economy;
- The value of a startup accelerator;
- Taking investor calls on a train station floor… ;-)
- People: Ferhat Topuz, Jingwei Ren, Arvin Esterabadi, Thomas Mensink, Laurens Hamerlinck, Leonie Timmermans, Stefan van den Berg, Anna Brandt, Noor van Boven
- Companies: Valyuu, 2Hearts Community, T-Mobile, Techstars, Golden Egg Check, ABN Amro, Afterpay, Swapfiets
- Other: Careers at Valyuu, Ferhat in an investor call at Amsterdam CS
- Media: Altin Gun - Halkali Seker