Why Narcissist Parents Scapegoat Their Children
'What Narcissistic Parents Scapegoat Their Children' is a response to a viewer question about adult children of narcissists (ACONs) who are targeted for scapegoating and punishment by narcissistic parent.
This episode discusses narcissistic family roles using Bowen Family Systems theory in the context of a dysfunctional narcissistic family. It talks about why narcissistic parents:
• Cast their children in the scapegoat role.
• Narcissistic injuries.
• Some of the circumstances that give rise to the narcissistic personality.
The viewer question is about narcissistic father's and their sons but this message can also be applied to narcissistic mothers and their daughters and narcissistic parents and their children in general regardless of gender.
- - -
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS VIDEO:
• McBride, Karyl. 'The Narcissistic Family Tree.' Psychology Today. Published May 1, 2011. Retrieved May 18, 2020.
• Wise, Jerry. 'How The Narcissist Tears Your Heart Out.' Jerry Wise Relationship Systems. Published May 14, 2020. Retrieved May 18, 2020.
• Narcissistic Abuse Rehab. 'Co-Parenting with a Narcissist featuring Michael Kinsey, Ph.D.' Narcissistic Abuse Rehab. Published May 15, 2020. Retrieved May 18, 2020.
• Narcissistic Abuse Rehab. 'The Narcissist's False Self.' Narcissistic Abuse Rehab. Published May 2, 2020. Retrieved May 18, 2020.
• Dodgson, Lindsay. 'The 5 most common themes in narcissistic families, from 'flying monkeys' to the "needy sibling."' Business Insider. Published April 29, 2020. Retrieved May 18, 2020.
- - -
DISCLAIMER The content of this video expresses the content creator's own thoughts and opinions. It is provided for general information only. It is not intended to and is not meant to be advice which you should rely on. Please get the relevant professional or specialist advice before taking or refraining from any action based on the information in this video. If you have medical questions, please consult your doctor or other professional healthcare providers without delay.
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/narcissisticabuserehab/message