Worst day ever
On Sunday, we had a service outage. Jon and Justin talk about what happened:
- TLS / SSL day of horror
- Sunday morning Justin started getting messages from a few Android users that they couldn’t download episodes.
- Then, the afternoon hits, and we started getting a flood of tweets, DMs, text messages, and support requests.
- We talk about how we fixed it, and what we'd like to change for next time.
Also: how we're earning 29% of our SaaS revenue. (A channel we didn't expect)
★ Thanks to our sponsors:
Clubhouse.io: Clubhouse is the first project management platform for software development that brings everyone together. It's designed for developers, but product folks, marketing, support folks love using it. Get two months free: clubhouse.io/build.
Balsamiq.cloud: They make a low-fidelity wireframing tool, specifically geared for non-designers. Get in the zone, and I feel creative right away. Try out their free trial: balsamiq.cloud.
- Our status site: status.transistor.fm
- DHH on service outages
- DHH's postmortem on Basecamp's outage
- The affiliate program we use is Rewardful.
Create your own podcast at transistor.fm
You can reply to this podcast here:
Leave a comment on Breaker, the podcast app for Android and iPhone.
Leave a comment on CastBox, the podcast app for Android and iPhone.
- Otherwise, get us on Twitter: @transistorfm or email us: email@example.com
Thanks to our monthly supporters:
- Michael Sitver
- Paul Jarvis and Jack Ellis, Fathom Analytics
- Dan Buda, danbuda.com
- Darby Frey
- Samori Augusto
- Dave Young
- Brad from Canada
- Kevin Markham
- Sammy Schuckert
- Dan Ericson
- Mike Walker
- Adam DuVander
- Dave Giunta (JOOnta)
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store