In this episode the co-founders of Poptin, Gal and Tomer, stop by to tell us how they bootstrapped their Opt-in forms SaaS company to 22,000 users!
We’re talking about a company that didn’t raise any money - and on the first day of their beta launch already started making money. Before there was a pricing page!
Learn how an SEO agency spotted a better product opportunity, built a community around their product before even having a product, how they prioritize tasks to grow a SaaS business in a crowded market and what marketing channels actually work for them. They give us all the day to day details, the glory, the hard work and why it’s so important to give value first.
Also, they are the first guests to bring us Whiskey!
What you’ll learn:
- The difference between a competitor heavy market and a saturated market.
- When should you pivot from agency to product
- Why starting local is a great tip for a bootstrapped company
- What “value first” means in marketing, product and community
- How to find the first blog topics that’ll bring you relevant users fast
- Why branding can be important from day one
- How to plan your features when you have a small team
Who are our amazing guests?
Tomer & Gal, Co-founders of Poptin and best friends go way back together.
They have over Nine years of experience in the digital marketing field and internet project management. They founded Poptin together, an SEO agency and a few more digital plugins (side-projects).
Tomer Graduated with an Economics degree from Tel-Aviv University. Gal was a lawyer in the army, and graduated with a Law degree from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
They’re both young parents (Tomer having a boy and a girl, Gal having twin girls!)
Guess what? All that, and they are under 30!
What is Poptin
Poptin is a lead capture platform that helps website owners and marketers to convert more
visitors into leads, subscribers and sales. With Poptin you can create customizable popups and widgets,
with drag and drop interface and with no coding skills. It can be installed easily in any website platform
and integrate with dozens of CRMs, email marketing software etc.
Poptin was featured on Huffington Post, Semrush, Ahrefs, Crazyegg, Business2Community, TheTopPodcast, Globes, Geektime and on some more global marketing blogs.
1. He will never say no to a shot of Arak or Humus
2. He Played professional basketball for almost 10 years.
3. He met my wife on Taglit (which both of us didn't want to go to) when I was in the army
1. He is a sleepwalker
2. When he was 16, he ran a side hustle of selling used guitars
3. His twin girls were born exactly on my first wedding anniversary
I like the podcast. Ease off the cuss words. I've no problem with them generally, but they feel forced into the dialog.