083 - with Greg Kieser - On AI Superintelligence
What's happening, Zengineers?
This week we're joined by Author, Technologist, Entrepreneur and Angel Investor, Greg Kieser. He shared his most recent book, "Dear Machine, A Letter to a Super Aware/Intelligent Machine (SAIM)" with us a few months ago, and then was kind enough to hop on an episode with us to talk about it.
Greg's background in technology businesses has exposed him to what a lot of modern technology workers are sensing, but Greg has taken the time to put pen to paper (stylus to screen?), and share these thoughts with the world.
As we discuss in this episode, a lot of things around the world (almost everything) is changing at unprecedented paces, and it seems as thought this accelerated rate of change is going to continue with no end in sight. What is really going to happen as computers begin to have a sentient understanding of the world? Where will these technologies take us? Where will we end up? Will it even be "us" anymore?
Greg's book is a comprehensive exploration of what's going on with and how to think about Artificial Intelligence, and with computational technology as a whole. It was a great read and made for a wonderful conversation that we hope you enjoy as well.
Adam & Brian
- Greg's latest book: https://www.amazon.com/Dear-Machine-Letter-Super-Aware-Intelligent-ebook/dp/B07MY9132H
- Greg's Think Tank and Angel Investment Group: http://supersystemic.ly/
- Greg on Twitter: https://twitter.com/gregkieser
- Greg on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/greg-kieser-76a76913/
- Interplanetary Fest: https://interplanetaryfest.org/
- John Henry Holland: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Henry_Holland
- Tierra Computer Simulation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tierra_(computer_simulation)
- Superintelligence by Nick Bostrom: https://www.amazon.com/Superintelligence-Dangers-Strategies-Nick-Bostrom/dp/1501227742
- Fecal Transplants, yup, those kinda fecals: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/gastroenterology_hepatology/clinical_services/advanced_endoscopy/fecal_transplantation.html
- The Singularity: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/zengineering-podcast/support