Careers That Kill with Dr. Margaret Rutherford
Did you know that suicide rates are higher in some industries than other? In this episode, Ameé speaks with therapist and author, Dr. Margaret Rutherford about careers with a high suicide risk rate and how trauma-informed leadership can help reduce these numbers.
In the episode, you will hear:
- Which industries have the highest rates of suicide amongst their employees
- The role stigmas around mental health and mental health services play
- How workplace cultures can be harmful to people who come forward with mental health concerns or issues
- The culture in blue collar careers that may be hurting employee mental health
- Ideas for bringing mental health resources and awareness to hard-to-reach communities and industries
CDC study of careers with highest rates of suicide: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6903a1.htm
Order Dr. Margaret's Book Today: Perfectly Hidden Depression
SelfWork Podcast - https://drmargaretrutherford.com/selfwork/
Links to buy The Fearless Woman’s Guide to Starting a Business
Amazon (Audio, Print, Kindle Versions): https://amzn.to/3daO7nA
Barnes and Noble- https://bit.ly/FearlessWomansGuide
Visit https://www.ameequiriconi.com/ for more articles about self-help, healing from trauma, leadership, business, and more!