Chris Teitzel: Take chances, embrace open source, believe in people
Here are some of the key points of our conversation:
- Don't be afraid to reach out and go for it, big things may happen
- Putting out good into the FOSS community always pays back, eventually.
- The diversity in FOSS makes for stronger products.
- Investors can be a double edge sword, spurring you on when you may want to quit and making your down times even harder.
- Desperation and free time can breed opportunity if you're willing to take a chance.
- The barrier between hard sciences and art is permeable.
- Speaking at conferences before you're ready can be good for your career.
- Launching a product in the open source space is a tight rope walk, you need to balance trust and always provide value first
- Continuing to run services as part of your company can help keep a finger on the pulse of your customers.
- Services can help during the lean times of your SaaS.
- Longevity is the unsexy super power.
- Build other people up to make a successful business.
Got an idea for an episode? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to chat us up about the episode, tweet us at @devwithlando
★ Support this podcast ★
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store