Shaundai Person: From salesperson to web developer.
You can connect with Shaundai on LinkedIn, she loves talking with people about coding, mentorship, parenting, and finding meaningful work as a developer!
Here are some of the key points from our conversation:
- Overcoming the intimidation of not having a CS degree.
- The value of persistence.
- Pursuing your passions.
- Learning to code as a single parent with a full-time job.
- Using "maniacal prioritization."
- The importance of mentors.
- Embracing failure.
- Using skills from your old career to succeed as a developer.
- How to get your first job as a developer.
- Why you should include a video with your next job application.
Got an idea for an episode? Email us at email@example.com or tweet us at @devwithlando.