Diesel talks lockdown and silver linings
Ash chats with Mark Lizotte aka Diesel in this second episode of the musicians in lockdown series. Diesel has had a phenomenal career spanning 3 decades and he is showing no signs of slowing down even during this worldwide pandemic Covid19.
Over his career Diesel has had a slew of no1 hits and won multiple ARIA awards, he is an incredible singer, monster guitar player and epic songwriter but Not many people know that Diesel is also an accomplished producer. Although he tours relentlessly he is far from the clique seedy rock dog he is clean living, hard working professional musician who maintains the beginners mind.
To check out what Diesel is up to go to
Here's what we chatted about:
- The blessings that have come from lockdown.
- Expanding your skillset to enable self sufficiency.
- Dealing with change.
- The importance of curiosity in keeping you "current"
- The story behind the "Diesel" name.
- Showing up and delivering on stage.
- His refusal to sully the sanctity of live performance with intoxication.
- Recording the album Short Cool Ones with the legendary Chris Wislon.
- Fame being the start of the hard yards.
- Achievements not being an end point.
- Continuing to evolving post pop success.
Follow Ash Grunwald on Instagram here
Ash Grunwald Website/Show Dates
Earth Bottles - use promo code ASHLOVESME
Listen to Ash's latest album 'Mojo' here