EP 130 Clean Up Your Messes and Incompletes
The Success Principles Workbook series continues with Chapters 12 and 13. Sheri and Nancy kick off the conversation with a chat about meditation. Sheri learned Transcendental Meditation (TM) years ago then gifted the training to Nancy’s daughter Olivia for her high school graduation (and a companion gift for Nancy too). They loved it. What a great way to prepare for college.
Sheri and Nancy also recall their podcast recording with Bob Roth, CEO of the David Lynch Foundation and one of the most respected meditation teachers and leaders in the country. That was back in the early days of the show, Episode 8. Go back and take a listen, Bob is an absolute inspiration.
Sheri talks about how when young people commit to a regular meditation practice, the trajectory of their lives change. If you’re interested in meditating, a good way to start is with guided meditation (resources below). Nancy feels more creative when she is meditating, particularly when she’s writing. She recommends David Lynch’s book, Catching the Big Fish: Meditation, Consciousness, and Creativity. Sheri says it reduces her reactivity. She talks about widening the gap between an event and her reaction to that event.
The second topic, Chapter 13, is about cleaning up your messes and incompletes. Jack says “incompletes” represent areas in our lives where we aren’t clear or where we are emotionally or psychologically blocked. Your messes and incompletes are distracting you from accomplishing the things you say you want.
Jack helpfully lists 25 potential messes and incomplete in the book, and Sheri and Nancy go through each one, giving their own stories and insights as they go. And they have a long chat about the mental game of ruminating over perceived slights, anger toward others, and judgments. Nancy says it’s like conducting a jury trial in your head and it benefits no one. She is irritated by this habit. Sheri agrees it is a non constructive time suck. Both commit to stopping that time-wasting practice. They say that a far better practice is to write down grievances and throw them into the fire, letting it go and freeing ourselves and others. This is the second to the last episode in The Success Principles with Jack Canfield series!
in this episode:
- Get Sonia Choquette’s guided meditations at soniachoquette.com
- Learn more about meditation at Abraham-hicks.com
- Learn more about Transcendental Meditation https://www.tm.org/
- Get your Sheri + Nancy Show coffee mug! While supplies last. https://thepillarlife.com/shop/mug/
- Join our private TPL DreamMates group (just mention the podcast to be admitted) https://www.facebook.com/groups/tpldreammates/
- Order The Success Principles Workbook at www.jackcanfield.com
- Subscribe to our newsletter at https://thepillarlife.com/dreamtribe/
- More Nancy at www.nancyhala.com
- More Sheri at www.sherisalata.com