Harm Reduction Part 2: International View
In this month's episode, we continue our multi-part series on harm reduction with an international guest, Annemarie Ward, CEO of Faces & Voices of Recovery UK, to expand the scope of our conversation and find points of comparison between UK and US approaches to drug policy and recovery support.
Hear Annemarie's perspective on the many ways that the UK is leading the charge in harm reduction services, the false choice that pits harm reduction and recovery advocates against one another, and the disparities in access to recovery support that have led to alarming death rates in Scotland.
- Still no harm reduction? A critical review of the UK Government’s new Drug Strategy
- Ignoring evidence, looking tough, and the need for harm reduction in UK drug policy
- An ethical analysis of UK drug policy as an example of a criminal justice approach to drugs: a commentary on the short film Putting UK Drug Policy into Focus
- Putting UK Drug Policy into Focus
- Drug Consumption Facilities – What you need to know
- Scottish Government working on new plan for drug consumption room in Glasgow, says John Swinney
Click Here to learn more about the This is What Recovery Looks Like podcast and other Faces & Voices of Recovery Initiatives