How to Set Boundaries and Manage Perceptions in Relationships with Mandy Goodwin Caporaletti, Ph.D.
How can you properly set boundaries in your relationships? What about managing perceptions? Are they really mad, or were they just tired? Learn the tools from Penn State Communication Arts & Sciences professor, Mandy Goodwin Caporaletti, Ph.D.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- -Why should people set boundaries?
- -When is the best time to set a new boundary?
- -What are some examples of common boundaries in relationships that women in particular are less likely to set?
- -How should people enforce their boundaries, and I have always felt that if someone steps over a boundary it needs to be addressed right then and there, not at a later time. What are your thoughts on that?
- -What does perception look like in an interpersonal relationship?
- -What affects the way people perceive their partner's behaviors?
- -What is perception-checking and how can it be used to help a person's relationship?
- -What are the signs that a person is making maladaptive attributions about their partner?
- -What is the difference between being passive, assertive, and aggressive and can you give us some examples?
- -Being assertive can be uncomfortable for some people - how can they overcome that discomfort?
- -What is the line between being assertive and actually being unreasonable and hard to live with?
- -How will being assertive in my relationships positively affect how I see myself or my self-concept?
- -And so much more!
REACH MANDY GOODWIN CAPORALETTI, Ph.D.:
Facebook Estrogen Dominance Support:
Facebook General Female Hormonal Imbalances Support Group:
SUPPORT THE PODCAST
Leave a 5 Star Review and Share Episodes!
Use code KAT15 for 15% off any single supplement. And listen to our episode with Dr. Mona Fahoum to learn how it works.
Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/healthfulgypsy/message
Support this podcast: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/healthfulgypsy/support