PFAS Testing to Begin in Baltimore, MD
In this episode, host Kevin Ferrara speaks about PFAS news affecting Michigan, Maryland, and Okinawa.
Kevin talks about how, in Michigan, the U.S. Air Force has agreed to work with state agencies to begin clean-up actions at the former Wurtsmith AFB in Oscoda.
Additionally, Kevin talks about how PFAS testing is going to start in the Baltimore, Maryland region to include testing of Chesapeake oysters suspected of being contaminated with PFAS.
As the podcast wraps up, Kevin speaks briefly about Marine Corps Air Station Futenma and the issue there that's impacting local residents. Doctor Masami Kawamura, Director, The Informed-Public Project has been putting pressure on the United States to recognize and deal with continuous PFAS accidental releases and exposure at Futenma and Kadena military installations. Her tireless work has caught the eyes and ears of the U.S Senate who are looking into her concerns.
- AFSO21 Website about PFAS: http://www.afso21.com/pfas
- AFSO21 PFAS Discussion Panel Video: https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=349861839324683
- EWG PFAS Interactive Map: https://www.ewg.org/interactive-maps/pfas_contamination/map/
- Dark Waters, Fight Forever Chemicals: http:www.fightforeverchemicals.com
- Your Turnout Gear and PFOA: http://www.yourturnoutgearsandpfoa.com
- Congressional PFAS Task: https://dankildee.house.gov/congressional-pfas-task-force
- The Informed-Public Project Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/sirenamel
Support the show (https://afso21.com/podcast)