Separation Anxiety: How to prevent & resolve hyper-attachment with Clinical Animal Behaviourist, Hanne Grice #11
Separation anxiety is a term commonly thrown around, but within it are a number of unique and complex problems that might cause irrational behaviours.
Whether you’re a new puppy owner focused on prevention, or you’re seeking help for an older dog suffering with these issues, Clinical Animal Behaviourist Hanne Grice joins us on The Pet Perspective this week to offer top tips on spotting these behaviours, and how to prevent/remedy them.
This episode of The Pet Perspective covers:
- Shocking links between separation anxiety and dogs’ physiology
- Methods of training independence in puppies
- What can be done for older dogs with long standing separation-related problems
- How long is too long to leave a dog alone
- The best tools to help you monitor and alleviate separation anxiety
Links and references: https://bit.ly/3FoJhj2