Shi Heng Yi: the Shaolin Spirit, putting knowledge into practice, mastering yourself, dealing with the yin and yang of life, what can you do to improve yourself and the way to make those personal decisions that will shape your destiny - podcast #237
"It has never changed, and it has always been like this; there no other way than dealing with the yin and the yang of this life." - Shi Heng Yi.
Isra Garcia interviews Shaolin Master Shi Heng Yi, headmaster at the Shaolin Temple Europe, for the third time. This conversation is a catch-up between Shi Heng Yi and Isra, where they review, from now to the past two years, the most important milestones for the Shaolin Master since the last interview they did together in 2021.
"The benefits are not going to come later in paradise; the benefits are supposed to come right now."
"People like to hear when I talk, but they don't like to do the practice." - Shi Heng Yi.
In this interview, you will find what is missing in this world to master yourself and learn how to improve whatever needs improvement. Shaolin Master Shi Heng Yi gets more profound on the teachings, method, philosophy, and way of practice to make a difference in your life. Also, the factors and considerations needed to make you decide to find what works for you and the benefits of practising his teachings. And what we can do to improve ourselves.
"Don't like me, like the teaching."
Shi Heng Yi also covers the 12-month Self-Mastery online program he leads and Shaolin Spirit, his first book, recently published, where he also gets deeper into what the Shaolin Spirit is about. Isra and the Shaolin master talk about "the how" of finding a master, inspiration, a guide and the methods you need to get what you want.
"Find somebody who can inspire you; find somebody who expresses how you want to be." - Shi Heng Yi.
Index of contents - and what you will learn in this episode
- What has happened in the last two years since the previous interview?
- These are the most common patterns and behaviours that people are missing.
- Observations about the world.
- Dealing with the yin and yang of this life.
- Emphasizing the practice, not the teachings.
- Putting knowledge into action.
- The Self-Mastery program.
- What is the Shaolin Spirit, and how can it be developed?
- How to develop an unstoppable attitude.
- Finding inspiration in others and yourself.
- The question and the challenge from the master to the listeners.
"What is more important, more people with the ability to change or more people that will surely change?"
Podcast show notes:
- The path to Self-Mastery - first interview.
- Key lessons on the Shaolin Spirit - second interview.
- Shaolin Temple Europe.
- Shaolin Self-Mastery course.
- Shaolin Spirit - book.
- Shi Heng Yi's website.
"Many people are interested in the teachings, but if they are left alone and do not have the right guidance, they can go in the wrong direction sometimes." - Shi Hen Yi.