TMHS 410: 7 Little Known Things That Are Affected By Your Sleep
Now more than ever, it’s critical that we arm our bodies with the essentials that it needs to stay healthy. If you want to protect your health, quality restorative sleep is one of the most powerful tools at your disposal.
Sleep impacts all the major pillars of your health, including your immune function, body composition, your mind, and your performance. You sleep is a huge player in regulating your hormones, inflammation levels, and so much more.
Today you’re going to learn seven little-known ways your sleep quality impacts your daily life. You’ll hear about how physical attributes like skin quality and body fat are tied to your sleep habits. We’re also covering the ways in which motor skills, mood, and personality can shift based on your sleep habits.
This episode is jam-packed with the science you need to become motivated to implement a more consistent sleep routine. I hope this episode will inspire you to prioritize sleep so that you can optimize your health. So listen in, take good notes, and get ready to craft better sleep habits!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The surprising neuro association of wearing pajamas.
- How sleep deprivation influences attractiveness and skin health.
- What adequate sleep has to do with sun exposure recovery.
- The important role cholesterol plays in the body.
- Simple solutions to combat snoring.
- The link between inflammation and lack of sleep.
- How fat cells respond to insulin.
- The science behind how getting more sleep can aid in fat loss.
- How your motor skills are influenced by your sleep wellness.
- The seasonal variations in your immune system.
- How quality sleep can help you recover more quickly from illnesses.
- The truth about the efficacy of hand sanitizer.
- What cytokines are and how they relate to sleep.
- How your mood and personality are influenced by your sleep quality.
- What telomeres are and how they influence lifespan.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Organifi.com/Model ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off!
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Sleep Smarter by Shawn Stevenson
- Natural Treatment for High Cholesterol – Episode 1
- Global Pandemic & The Human Virome – Episode 405
- The Telomere Effect with Dr. Elissa Epel – Episode 205
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation