Ep 43: Talking Politics in Marriage
Struggling to convince your loved one that your political perspective is the right one? Or is he expecting you to come around to his way of seeing things? Do your discussions turn into debates that leave you feeling frustrated, even alienated from one another? Maybe you’ve decided to stuff your opinion just to avoid the conflict.
In a world where countries and communities are being torn apart by the political divide, how do you keep your own relationship tight and intact? Will your marriage withstand the pressure? Is it possible to live and work together from opposite sides of the fence?
In this episode of the WifeSavers Podcast, Talking Politics in Marriage, multi-award-winning marriage author and educator, Ramona Zabriskie, and her husband, Dale, help a wife who is worried that political divisiveness is affecting her marriage.
Listen and learn how to keep political issues from turning into marriage issues.
THROW ME A WIFESAVER: My husband and I have different political views. How should I handle this?
- Why you shouldn’t feel alone in this predicament
- How today’s politics of personal destruction is invading relationships
- How to relieve the pressure with a “politics-free zone”
- 6 guidelines that will help replace heated debate with helpful dialogue
- How “relationship maintenance” can save a politically-mixed marriage or relationship
- Practical advice from real political rivals who are happily married
“How I love this podcast!! The principles, examples, and how-to information that Ramona and Dale share help me every day as a wife and in all my relationships!” ✮✭✭✭✭” Apple Podcasts listener
When Faith is an Issue in Your Marriage
His Criticism Hurts: What to Do When He’s Unkind or Unfair