Ep 47: Understanding and Helping Teen Boys - Part 1
Are you in the middle of a “boy crisis”? You are, actually, whether you know it or not. The “boy crisis” may be up-close and personal to the parent of a teen or young adult male, but the rest of us are being affected as well. We all have a vested interest in the challenges our boys are experiencing today, and in helping them launch confidently and responsibly into a complex world.
In this episode, the first of two on the subject, multi-award-winning marriage author and educator, Ramona Zabriskie, discusses with her husband, Dale, what adolescent boys are up against during a stage of development that is ripe with change and tension and who, exactly, holds the key to their success.
THROW ME A WIFESAVER: “I am worried about my son and my husband's dynamic at times. My son is very intelligent and is so much an independent person, even at 14, that there seems to be much conflict between the two most important males in my life. This bothers me. What is happening and what can I do?”
Listen and learn what is going on inside that head, heart, and body of his, and what you can do to help the males in your life successfully navigate the turbulence kicked up during the teen and young adult years.
NOTE: You’ll want to combine listening to this episode with attending Ramona Zabriskie’s LIVE masterclass, Understanding Your Husband and Sons: wifesavers.org/masterclass.
- Major changes in teen brain structure and circuitry
- Common behavioral concerns explained by those changes
- Why young men experience intense feelings and how they process emotion
- The impact of his behaviors on important relationships
- How pecking order and belonging influence his world
- Why our society produces plenty of boys but very few men
- The one question that haunts every boy, and the one person who can answer it
“I rely heavily on everything they share and am grateful for their deep wisdom and experience!” ✮✭✭✭✭” Apple Podcasts listener
Episode 24: Tech and Relationships Part 2: Husband and Sons
Episode 1: Helping Your Husband Bond With the Kids