TPJ 9: Parenting Myths You Probably Believe (DON'T!)
We’re bombarded by society (our culture, parents, neighbors, friends, religious institutions, schools, movies, magazines, internet, etc.) with all sorts of inputs and directives about how we’re supposed to raise our children.
It’s time to dispel some common myths about parenting and relieve the pressure of trying to be the “perfect parent.”
Myths we’re busting:
- You are in control of your children.
- There’s one right way to parent.
- Harder is better.
- Parents aren’t sexy or interesting.
- Raising children is boring.
- You should do it alone.
- The days are long, but the years are short.
- Parenting is a “job.”
Links & Resources:
- Show notes: Theparentingjunkie.com/9
- Potty Time Course