Becoming a Muslim Content Creator (feat. @themadmamluks)
In this episode I speak to SIM, Mort, and Mahin, of the Mad Mamluks podcast. They've been podcasting for around a year and a half and I wanted them to tell the story of their journey as content creators.
We talk about:
- What motivated SIM to start the show,
- their views on the quality of production required to get the attention of a Muslim audience,
- their strategies for growing the podcast and where their main growth comes from,
- how they present themselves to the world in a Muslim community that is not used to open and frank discussion on controversial issues,
- how they deal with criticism and haters and how they differentiate between the two,
- the people who support their show and how they can best support them,
- and how they plan to make the show sustainable over the long-term.
You can find the Mad Mamluks on:
Full show notes are available at Becoming the Alpha Muslim: http://becomingthealphamuslim.com/becoming-muslim-content-creator