Is Halal Dating...Halal? (Special Guest: Soraya Soobhany Chohan)
In this podcast, we are going to do a deep-dive (sort of) into halal dating.
As surprising as it sounds, 20% of my readers are women.
Some of them even e-mail me asking for help with their boy problems.
They're usually a hot mess (as women are when they catch feels) but Alhamdulillah I was able to help them avoid potential disasters.
On top of that, as you know, I review matrimonial apps for Becoming the Alpha Muslim.
I would say about half, or a little more than half, of the women looking to get married, are in their 30s and 40s.
A lot of these women are divorcees but as just as many have never been married.
Which is a little weird, honestly.
This being the case, I was SO glad when Soraya Soobhany-Chohan contacted me asking if I'd like to have her on my podcast.
Soraya is a relationship and marriage coach for single Muslim women in their 30s and older.
She herself got married well into her 30s AFTER 14 years of looking. We plan, and Allah plans. And Allah is the Best of planners. Ordinarily, I would have said "no" because my audience is mostly male. However, when I
We plan, and Allah plans. And Allah is the Best of planners. Ordinarily, I would have said "no" because my audience is mostly male. However, when I
And Allah is the Best of planners. Ordinarily, I would have said "no" because my audience is mostly male. However, when I
Ordinarily, I would have said "no" because my audience is mostly male. However, when I
However, when I
05:44:46+00:00">internet stalked her researched her business I noticed we both have similar ideas on gender roles, masculinity, femininity, marriage, and relationships. The pre-interview phone call we did confirmed that.
The pre-interview phone call we did confirmed that.
In this interview, Soraya and I talk about:
- What does Single Muslima Solutions offer women? How many women has she helped and are there success stories?
- Why did it take Soraya so long to get married? What did she do wrong? And what did she do to fix it?
- What's the right way to look for a husband? What do single Muslimas need to look for?
- What is Halal Dating? Is it even halal? What are the boundaries of interaction? How do you avoid bad situations? When do you involve the male guardian?
- On men being men and women being women. Halal dating tips for guys and girls
- What are guys REALLY looking for in a spouse?
- Why should guys go for older women (in their 30s and 40s) as opposed to younger women (18s and early 20s)? What benefits do older women bring to the table?
- Why aren't more of these women considering polygyny as an option? Does it make sense for a 40-year old divorcee to say "I don't want to be a second wife?"
- Soraya's top tip for single Muslimas on their first meeting with a guy: DO NOT fall into this trap
If you want to read a full transcript of the interview...
AND get details about a FREE e-mail course Soraya offers single Muslim women...
AND find out where you can find more of Soraya's work...
Click on this link- http://becomingthealphamuslim.com/halal-dating/